Depression and Anger Cont...
Remember how closely depression and anger are linked. Most negative
emotions are a form of sadness or anger. And whichever appears on the
surface, the opposite is usually lying underneath. Your anger
is there to protect you and to let you know when you’re being taken
of. Once you know how to express it in a
clear, healthy and assertive way, no-one can guilt or pressure you into keeping
it to yourself. And people who try to pressure you into
keeping your anger to yourself will never apply the same rule to
don’t take them seriously when they try.
important to release anger in some way.
The worst thing you can do is allow it to build up. If you're feeling anger at this moment, ask yourself if
there’s something you can do right now to improve the situation. And go and do it. If you need to speak to someone who you feel
anger towards, do it as soon as you’ve cooled off enough to speak
rationally. Be honest with the person
and remember to focus on how their behavior made you feel, rather than throw
If you have never done this
before, people might be a little taken aback by your new way of being. Don’t let that put you off. No-one will ever thank you for devaluing
yourself. If the person is generally
decent, they will usually take what you say into account. If the person is manipulative then they
probably will flare up at you. As long as you’ve remained respectful, you
haven’t done anything wrong. Their
response will tell you more about them than about yourself.
anger is something you can’t do anything about, there are other ways to release
it. Screaming into a pillow is an old
classic. Crying is also good although
for some reason, I’ve always found that crying with laughter works better for
me. I feel very refreshed and energized
after it. Another method is to journal about it and get it all down on paper. A great method, which again I thank Maxwell
Maltz for, is to visualize steam coming out of the top of your head like a
geyser, and imagine that's your anger. This ties in with the expression
we have for "blowing off steam". Try it
and notice how effective it is.
running. Or do exercise where you get to
smash, hit, kick or punch something.
Really let rip. Remember, it’s
better out than in and you don’t want any more of that depression and anger turned back in on
Return from Depression and Anger to Understanding Depression Symptoms Home Page
- Special Coaching Offer
- New Year's Coaching Offer: Break toxic people-pleasing patterns
- About Me
- About Me
- The Different Types of depression - what are they?
- There are many different types of depression, here's how to know which type you're dealing with
- Top Physical Symptoms of Depression
- The 10 most common physical symptoms of depression to watch out for
- Depression in Men, Discover the Top 8 Symptoms
- Depression in men is different to how it shows up in women, discover the most common symptoms here.
- Depression in Women
- Depression in women is twice as likely to occur than in men. Learn what signs to look out for, and what help is available
- Depression in Teenagers
- Depression in teenagers can often be mistaken for normal teenage moodiness. Discover the signs to watch out for.
- About depression in children, it's signs and causes
- Depression in children is easy to identify and help. Here's how to know what to look out for.
- Exam Depression
- Exam depression can hit students of any age as pressure increases. Learn how to handle it here.
- How To Overcome Depression
- Learn how to overcome depression, and what options are available to you.
- 4 NLP Techniques for Depression
- These NLP techniques can improve your state of mind in minutes.
- Natural Treatment for Depression
- Natural treatment for depression can be surprisingly effective. Find out how to do it here.
- Depression Treatment Centers
- Depression Treatment Centers are a great option to help you to reclaim your life. Find out more about them here.
- Past Life Regression and Depression
- Past Life Regression and depression may be linked.
- How to Build Self Confidence
- Secrets of How to Build Self Confidence that truely confident people know
- Emotional abuse might be causing your depression.
- Emotional abuse is a very common cause of depression. Learn the signs that someone in your life might be sabotaging your recovery.
- Emotional Abuse and Depression
- Learning to deal with Emotional Abusers will free up much of your energy and have you feeling happier and more confident.
- Narcissistic mothers show how emotional abuse can lead to depression
- Characteristics of narcissistic mothers are a good example of how emotional abuse can lead to depression
- Depression and Anger
- Depression and Anger are closely linked. Find out how here.
- Depression Warning Signs for Family and Friends
- Depression warning signs are easy to recognize, once you know what to look for. If you're worried that a loved one might be suffering from depression, this will help to make things clear.
- Help for Depression and Telling Family and Friends
- Help for depression is so much easier when you have the support of your family and friends. It can be difficult to know how to talk to them about it. Find out how to do it here.
- Fighting Depression and Things to be Aware of
- When fighting depression, there are a number of things you need to watch out for. Find out what they are here.
- How to Deal with Depression
- Wondering how to deal with depression when you have no-one to talk to? Read on and learn what your options are
- Help for Depression
- Help for depression
- Depression Facts
- Depression facts, and how they impact everyone
- Depression Quotes
- Depression quotes to uplift you and give you encouragement
- Depression Humor
- Depression humor to cheer you up and bring a smile to your face
- Overcome Depression Symptoms Blog
- The Overcome Depression Symptoms Blog keeps you up to date on all additions and changes on the understanding-depression-symptoms.com website. Subscribe here.
- Brainwave Retrainment Review
- Brainwave Retrainment Review
- Contact Me
- Feel free to contact me and send me any questions and comments
- Donate to Understanding Depression Symptoms
- Donate to Understanding Depression Symptoms. I am proudly supported by donations from generous readers like you.
- understanding-depression-symptoms.com's Disclaimer
- Disclaimer for understanding-depression-symptoms.com